- BS in Computer Science with a Minor in Math from the University of Kentucky.
- Delivered multiple web and mobile apps for enterprise clients.
- Lead a small team of developers through one such project delivery.
- Familiar with infrastructure technology, including Docker and many Amazon Web Services.
- Online engagement with open-source language communities.
- Involvement in community events, such as Startup Weekend and a Code for America brigade.
Software Developer at MakeTime, Inc.
March 2016 – Present
- Developed the MakeTime platform with a team of twelve people using Ruby on Rails and other open-source technology.
- Built microservices that improve the main MakeTime platform without adding bloat to its codebase.
- Integrated machine-learning algorithms into MakeTime platform by coordinating with the Data Science division.
Software Developer at CirrusMio, Inc.
May 2014 - March 2016
- Team-lead and developer of enterprise content management system in Rails. I employed Agile-development practices to lead a team of developers through product delivery. I coordinated with our client’s support team and customers as the product was launched. The app was a one-stop-shop for organizing multimedia content and delivering it to websites and mobile apps.
- Built iOS app to facilitate sales pitches and place orders. I was the lead design consultant and sole engineer. I extensively researched their existing sales workflow.The project was completed in just two months to line up with their next sales initiative.
- Built iOS app for enterprise document storage-and-sync service. I designed and developed the UX for this application from scratch. I also helped develop the complimentary Rails backend.
Web Developer at U.K. Department of Communication
Sept. 2011 - May 2014
- Designed and developed intern-management PHP app. Consulted with faculty members and built a system to: 1) Provide students with online applications for the internship program. 2) Allow the director of the internship program to review and approve new applicants. 3) Keep records of all students and companies who have been involved in the program.
- Built several research websites that allowed researchers to systematically analyze data. Became proficient with MySQL and Codeigniter—an object-oriented PHP framework which served as the application codebase. These websites were useful because they allowed researchers to work efficiently and think creatively.
IT Department Intern at Alltech, Inc.
May 2011 - July 2011
- Developed a custom iOS app for Marketing managers to view sales data. Managers could see weekly and monthly sales figures pulled from XML content on company servers. Because this was Alltech’s first foray into iOS development, I became a helpful resource for my coworkers regarding Apple development.